Web hosting is the process of buying or renting space to house your website or web page onto the internet so that it can be viewed. A web host is an individual or a business that provides this service and technology for the client. Typically websites are housed in special computers called servers and when a visitor to your website wants to view your website they are connected to the server which will deliver the website through the browser.
Can you do it yourself?
In theory you could host your own website from your own computer at home. But this is not as easy as it seems and there are many reasons for this:
- You have to get specialized software to properly run the website.
- The computer would have to be turned on and connected to the internet 24/7.
- The computer would need to be very powerful as most home computers are only designed to deal with one user at a time, multiply this by the amount of visitors your website is expecting and your computer could malfunction.
- The internet at home would need to be very fast to deal with the amount of people accessing your website.
Web hosting companies have all these sorted out and if you want to create an professional online presence choosing a reliable web host is key. There are thousands of varieties of web hosting services ranging from free hosting with limited options to specialized web hosting for businesses. Finding the correct balance and hosting plan will assure that your website us reliable and loads quickly for the amount of visitors it will be accommodating. If you pick a hosting plan that has limited resources your website can load painstakingly slow or doesn’t appear at all.
What features can Lookify provide?
- Personalised business email – provided a client has a domain name you can create domain email accounts (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WordPress support – WordPress is the worlds most popular CMS (content management system) powering over 25% of websites on the internet.
- Troubleshooting – Domain name renewal, script debugging, emails not being able to send & recieve.
- Scalability – It is important for your website as it is for your business to both be flexible enough to scale for growth.
We at Lookify aspire to ensure that our clients have a hassle free experience so that they can focus their time on running their business.